Students who wish to develop multiple areas of interdisciplinary expertise may create a Bachelor of Arts, Double Minor degree program of study by selecting minors in two Arts-related disciplines. The BA, Double Minor degree program bridges knowledge and skills acquisition, combining traditional classroom-based theory courses with those emphasizing essential and analytical skills and their application to problem solving. The flexibility of the program allows students to target a wide range of employment opportunities. They may pursue a general liberal arts education or, in consultation with an advisor, structure a program which leads towards a specific career goal.
Key features of the program include:
- The development of knowledge, core competencies, and skills characteristic of traditional Bachelor of Arts programs
- The preparation of students for entry into the labour market by incorporating essential skills in all courses
- The training of students to respond innovatively to emerging trends in society
Faculty's website: kpu.ca/arts
Students pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree with a double minor must be admitted to the Faculty of Arts.
Students intending to graduate with this Faculty of Arts Bachelor’s degree must declare the credential by the time they complete 60 credits of undergraduate coursework. At the time of declaration, the student must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- In good academic standing with the University
- Completion of a minimum of 18 credits of undergraduate coursework, including the following with a minimum grade of “C”:
- 3 credits of ENGL at the 1100 level or higher
- 3 credits at the 1100 level or higher in each Minor area
The flexibility of the BA, Double Minor degree allows students to customize their programs to reflect more directly their personal interests and facilitates their preparation for future career and educational goals. The program structure for each student in the BA, Double Minor program will vary depending upon the courses selected.
Students pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree must complete all requirements in the Bachelor of Arts framework in addition to their major or minor program requirements.
BA Double Minor program options:
- Minor in Anthropology
- Minor in Asian Studies
- Minor in Counselling
- Minor in Creative Writing
- Minor in Criminology
- Minor in Economics
- Minor in English
- Minor in Geography
- Minor in History
- Minor in Indigenous Community Justice
- Minor in Journalism
- Minor in Language and Culture
- Minor in Mathematics
- Minor in Music
- Minor in Philosophy
- Minor in Policy Studies
- Minor in Political Science
- Minor in Psychology
- Minor in Sociology
Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to receive a Bachelor of Arts. Transcripts will indicate the double minors.
This online version of the Kwantlen Polytechnic University Calendar is the official version of the University Calendar. Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy at the time of publication, KPU reserves the right to make any corrections in the contents and provisions of this calendar without notice. In addition, the University reserves the right to cancel, add, or revise contents or change fees at any time without notice. To report errors or omissions, or send comments or suggestions, please email Calendar.Editor@kpu.ca