The Global Business Management program is designed for individuals that want to actively and constructively participate in global business opportunities and challenges. Whether the participants have industry experience or are starting their career in industry, the program is designed to prepare them to successfully address supervisory and managerial needs in a business environment.
The Global Business Management program consists of six general core courses (21 credits). Following those courses, students complete five specialty courses (15 credits) including a graduate experience practicum. Note: This is a two-year program, though students can choose to complete the program in an accelerated form.
Faculty's website: kpu.ca/business
Department's website: kpu.ca/business/gdba
In addition to the Faculty's Admission Requirements, which consist of KPU's undergraduate English Proficiency Requirement, the following program admission requirements apply:
- Successful completion of a recognized undergraduate or graduate degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.67 (Applicants with an equivalent combination of education and relevant professional experience may be considered for the program.)
- A statement of intent in the program, including relevant studies and work experience. This statement should be 800 – 1000 words and cover the following:
- Intellectual and creative interests
- Personal goals related to the program
- How one's background contributes to the program
- Self-assessment of emotional intelligence with applied examples
- Highlight interests in community involvement
- Two professional references stating suitability for the program
All applicants are assessed by an admissions committee for maturity, fit to the academic program, educational background, and work experience, using the statement of intent and references. Applicants may also be interviewed by a member of the Admissions Committee as part of the application screening process. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission into the program. For further details about the statement of intent, including submission specifics, visit the department's website at: kpu.ca/business
|Accounting and Financial Management for Managers
|Change Management and Digital Transformation for Business
|Graduate Capstone Experience Practicum
|Intercultural Communication for Business
|International Operations In Trade
|Marketing for International Organization
|E-commerce Design and Digital Marketing
|Advanced Topics in International Business and Economics
Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to receive a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration – Global Business Management.
This online version of the Kwantlen Polytechnic University Calendar is the official version of the University Calendar. Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy at the time of publication, KPU reserves the right to make any corrections in the contents and provisions of this calendar without notice. In addition, the University reserves the right to cancel, add, or revise contents or change fees at any time without notice. To report errors or omissions, or send comments or suggestions, please email Calendar.Editor@kpu.ca