Intakes for this program have been postponed indefinitely.
Please contact NursingInquiries@kpu.ca for availability of individual courses.
Through online study and clinical practice, the Graduate Nurse Qualifying courses are designed to meet the needs of internationally educated nurses who do not have sufficient education in maternal-child, pediatric or mental health nursing to meet the requirements of The British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
These courses are designed to assist the graduate to meet basic educational requirements for nurse registration in British Columbia.
Faculty's website: kpu.ca/health
Department's website: kpu.ca/health/programs
In addition to the Faculty's Admission Requirements, which consist of KPU's undergraduate English Proficiency Requirement, the following program admission requirements apply:
- A letter from The British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP), stating the need for a qualifying course in one or more of the following areas: maternal-child, pediatric, mental health nursing
Students must meet the following course requirements prior to clinical placement:
- Valid Canadian CPR Basic Life Support (BLS) or CPR Health Care Provider (HCP) (Note: CPR certification must remain current throughout the program.)
- A Canadian TB skin test or chest x-ray dated within 2 years of registering into the program.
- An acceptable Criminal Record Check through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General's Criminal Records Review Program within 6 months prior to the start of the program.
- Applicants who have lived outside of Canada as an adult are required to secure a Criminal Record Search with the Vulnerable Sector from their country of origin. Please contact the Office of Admissions for further direction on obtaining your criminal record check
Notes: Agencies may require students to take an Oath of Confidentiality.
Current immunization records are required prior to placement in a clinical or practice course. Students are responsible for all costs related to immunization. Failure to have acceptable immunization documentation at the time of placement or clinical practice course may jeopardize completion of the program.
Please be advised that applications to this program will only be accepted from Canadian citizens and permanent residents / landed immigrants of Canada.
|Select one of the following options:
|Mental Health Preceptorship
|Maternal / Child Preceptorship
Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to receive a Certificate of Completion in Graduate Nurse Qualifying.
This online version of the Kwantlen Polytechnic University Calendar is the official version of the University Calendar. Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy at the time of publication, KPU reserves the right to make any corrections in the contents and provisions of this calendar without notice. In addition, the University reserves the right to cancel, add, or revise contents or change fees at any time without notice. To report errors or omissions, or send comments or suggestions, please email Calendar.Editor@kpu.ca