Intakes for this program have been postponed indefinitely.
For general information about the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), please see the main program page.
This option provides Registered Nurses with access to Semester 6 for completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. Once admission requirements are met, Registered Nurses complete the equivalent of three semesters of full time study.
Diploma graduates from the Collaborative Nursing Program in BC may be admitted directly into Semester 6 depending on seat availability and date of diploma program completion.
An access course, NRSG 3190, is available for Registered Nurses who are graduates of other nursing programs.
Prior Learning Credit may be available for Registered Nurses who have equivalent learning experiences or have completed continuing education and nursing specialty courses. The cost of Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) is the responsibility of the student.
Faculty's website: kpu.ca/health
Department's website: kpu.ca/health/programs
Admission into Semester 6 for registered nurses is based on seat availability. In addition to the Faculty's Admission Requirements, which consist of KPU's undergraduate English Proficiency Requirement, the following program admission requirements apply:
- Completion of one of the following:
- the diploma program at a Collaborative Nursing Program in a BC institution or
- an individual assessment and the access course (NRSG 3190) offered at KPU within two (2) years prior to entry.
- Proof of practicing membership with The British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) that must remain current throughout the program.
- Submission of an official transcript indicating completion of a diploma in nursing program.
- Completion of ENGL 1100 and ENGL 1202 (or equivalent 6 credits of undergraduate English) and two other undergraduate elective (6 credits).
- Completion of a Canadian CPR Level C course, which is current at the time of entering the program. This must remain current throughout the program.
- An interview and/or letters of reference, if requested.
The KPU access course for registered nurses must be completed by all nursing program diploma graduates who are not graduates of a Collaborative Nursing Program in order to ensure that those entering Semester 6 have the knowledge and abilities equivalent to other students in the program.
Note: Immunization records are not required until placement in a clinical or practice course, and prior to registration. This will be enforced by the appropriate department prior to the time of registration.
Students in the program must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.33 with no grade lower than C in all required courses, including electives.
In accordance with the Indicators of Nursing Education Standards established by College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC), the maximum allowable time students enrolled in KPU's Degree Completion for Registered Nurses BSN program have to complete all program requirements for graduation is six years.
The program of studies for Registered Nurses includes:
|Health Promotion and Community Empowerment|
|Select one undergraduate elective to be completed prior to entering Semester 8||3|
|NRSG 4242||Consolidated Nursing Practice 8||8.5|
Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to receive a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
This online version of the Kwantlen Polytechnic University Calendar is the official version of the University Calendar. Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy at the time of publication, KPU reserves the right to make any corrections in the contents and provisions of this calendar without notice. In addition, the University reserves the right to cancel, add, or revise contents or change fees at any time without notice. To report errors or omissions, or send comments or suggestions, please email Calendar.Editor@kpu.ca